Thursday, January 12

I Love ' DREAM ' by Priscilla Ahn

                I was a little girl alone in my little world who dreamed of a little home for me. 

I played pretend between the trees, and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, and laughed in my pretty bed of green. 

I had a dream 

That I could fly from the highest swing. 

I had a dream. 

Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be. The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep. 

I had a dream 

That I could fly from the highest tree. 

I had a dream. 

Now I'm old and feeling grey. I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave. I lived it full and I lived it well, there's many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing. 

I had a dream

No comments:

Post a Comment